What is Vaginal Yeast Infection?
Yeast infection usually occurs in the vagina. This infection is caused by a fungus called Candida albicans. Itching is not caused by bacteria in the vagina, but because of pads, tampons, razors, sweat or feminine deodorants, this problem also arises. Apart from this, the problem of vaginal itching also starts due to hormonal changes in the body. It is normal to have some yeast in the vagina, but sometimes this balance is disturbed and the yeast quantity increases. Infection can be caused by changes in hormones, taking antibiotics, douching, and wearing tight, wet clothes.
Home remedies for vaginal yeast infection
- Coconut Oil is Beneficial in Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Coconut oil has effective antifungal properties that can kill the fungus responsible for yeast infections. Applying coconut oil to the external areas thrice a day provides quick relief from itching.
- Apart from this, you can also make a mixture of equal quantity of coconut oil and cinnamon. It should be applied to the affected skin to control the growth of the infection.
- Curd is Beneficial in Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Yogurt helps in balancing the pH level of the skin. Yogurt is used to reduce yeast infection. Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of curd and apply it on the affected area from outside the vagina. Leave it for a few hours before washing it off.
- Tulsi Beneficial in Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Tulsi leaves contain thymol and eugenol, which remove skin irritations. For this, wash some fresh basil leaves and rub it on the affected area or you can also prepare basil tea and apply it on the affected area by dipping cotton in it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is Beneficial in Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Apple cider vinegar and white vinegar both have specific components that can control fungal infections and help get rid of the fungus.
- Mix two spoons of apple cider vinegar (organic apple cider vinegar should be dark brown in color) mixed with a cup of warm water and drink it twice daily.
- Add some vinegar to the lukewarm water as needed. Soak your body in this bath for about an hour. Soon the burning and itching of the skin will subside.
- Tea Tree Oil is Beneficial in Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Using tea tree oil is beneficial to cure yeast infection easily. The anti-fungal properties present in tea tree oil help in eliminating the problems associated with yeast infection. Take a little tea tree oil and mix it with water or olive oil and apply this mixture on the affected area more than once a day.