What is Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease of the large intestine, in which the colon’s lining becomes inflamed and develops tiny open sores or ulcers. This condition is the result of your immune system’s overactive response.
- Diarrhea, often with blood or pus.
- Abdominal pain and cramps.
- Rectal pain
- Rectal bleeding- passing a small amount of blood with stool
- Urgency to defecate
- Inability to defecate despite urgency
- Weight loss & fatigue
Causes as per Ayurveda
- Excessive intake of sour, salty, spicy, and incompatible foods
- Intestinal parasites
- Unaddressed extreme heat in the body
- Unmanaged stress
- Explicitly expressing anger
- Prolonged grief
Treatment as per Ayurveda
The first line of treatment:
- Consuming light digestive food
- Stress management
- Counselling to handle emotions
- Ayurvedic medicines
As conditions get better:
- Nourishing diet to regain strength and vitality
- Medicines to improve nourishment as per the body of the patient
Benefits of Applying the Ayurvedic Approach?
Ulcerative colitis is 100% curable with Ayurveda if treated by a good Ayurvedic doctor. Diet is the most important part factor along with Ayurvedic medicines. By simply following Ayurvedic home remedies and approaches based on Vata, Patta and Kapha Doshas anyone can cure himself of this disease.