The advantage of a good height always adds to the personality of an individual. being taller always makes you look attractive. There are some height-increasing yogas available for those who are already in their 20s but do not have the height they desire and wish to increase their height, so here are a few yoga tips for them.
Most teenagers can expect to grow 7 to 10 inches during puberty before they reach their full adult height. These 6 yoga poses will help you to correct your posture and improve flexibility, not only making you taller but also working on your overall health.
Yoga Poses to Increase Height
Tree pose requires a person to balance on one leg. As symbolically the tree is said to be strong and well-grounded, as it grows both upward and downwards building stability.
- Start off with standing straight in the Namaste position.
- Lift the arms over the head and make the Namaste.
- When you lift one leg, raise it to the knee of the other leg and rest it on that knee, keeping your balance while you do this.
- Then exhale and return to the first position. Do it with the left leg.
Tadasana is another yoga asana to increase height. This pose also called the mountain pose it improves posture, groundedness, Stability, and confidence.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart while keeping your feet balanced on both feet.
- Inhale and raise your arms above your head. Interlock your fingers with your palms facing up. Keep your gaze ahead.
- Exhale and raise your shoulders towards your ears. Roll back your shoulders and lower your spine while straightening your posture and opening your chest.
- Relax all your muscles
- Back to the beginning position.
Cat and Cow Pose
Come down to form a table where your back represents a tabletop and your hands and feet represent the legs of the table.
- Look ahead straight such that your spine goes a little down towards the floor.
- Now on exhaling, gently press the middle of your spine backward towards the ceiling and firmly press down with your hands.
- Now while inhaling come back to the table position.
- Now again curl your spine backward.
- Repeat this pose 10-20 times.
Paschimottasana pose gets its name from the Sanskrit terms “Paschim” and “uttana” means an extended stretch. It is an excellent pose that helps to get a good posture and prevent stiffness.
- Sit on the ground with your legs stretched in front of you.
- Inhale and raise both arms above your head and stretch them as much as you can.
- Move your chin towards the toes while keeping your spine straight.
- Place your hands on your legs till wherever you can stretch them.
- Inhale deeply and lift your head slightly while lengthening your spine
- Exhale and move your navel towards the knees.
- Hold it for 30 sec.
- Breathe in and come back to the first position.
Bhujangasna or Cobra Strech is a solution for those who want to tone their abdomen and also flexible spinal cord. This pose gives your body good stretch that melts your stress instantly.
- Bhujangasana generally includes lying on the floor on your stomach.
- Keep your legs close together and heels lightly touching each other.
- Take a deep breath in, and slowly lift your head, chest, and abdomen. Keep your navel on the floor.
- Hold it with 4-5 breaths and then breathe out
- Do it 5 to 6 times.
Trikonasana (Utthita Trikonasana)
Trikonasana is one of the best yoga exercises for weight loss and increasing height. Triangle Pose is a Yoga posture that requires practitioners to keep their eyes open, unlike most other asanas. This particular asana is a great way to stretch several muscles in the body and improves many functions.
- Stand and keep a minimum distance of 3 feet between your legs.
- Stretch down and try to touch your feet with the same hands
- Your other hand should be straight facing the ceiling
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Switch the position with the other hand and repeat the same process.
- Repeat this asana 10 – 15 times.
As a beginner, when your start practicing these yogas you may feel irritation and pain in the body but it will disappear after a few days with continuous sessions. By practicing these yogas you will feel continuous changes in your body. Dr. Raghav Thukral, a best nutritionist in Amritsar, also give yoga session for height increase and weight loss.