Asanas For Weight Loss
Yoga helps improve blood circulation and stretches the body. Furthermore, It promotes mental wellness and flexibility. it also helps boost your metabolism. It is also a great stress reliever. Yoga is easy to practice. Therefore, it is easy to include in your daily routine. Thus, it is one of the most effective ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle! Let’s take a look at some of the best yoga exercises for weight loss.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Dhanur asana
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
Bhujangasana (Cobra Stretch)
Bhujangasana (Cobra Stretch) is derived from the words Bhujanga meaning snake and asana meaning pose. Bhujangasana is also known as Cobra Stretch. Suryanamaskar (Sun Salutations Pose) and Padma Sadhana include this pose.
- Lie down on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor, soles facing upwards; rest your forehead on the ground.
- Press on the floor with both hands. Your finger should be in proportion to your shoulder blades
- Taking a deep breath in, slowly lift your head, chest and abdomen. Keep your navel on the floor.
- Hold this position for about 10 seconds.
- Now, breathe out, and gently bring your abdomen, chest, and head back to the floor and relax.
- With each exhalation, push yourself upwards.
- Repeat this 10 -15 times.
Bow Pose or Dhanurasna is a great way to start a weight loss journey. It can help strengthen your back and abdominal muscles while giving them a toning effect. Thus, increasing your chances of losing weight. It can also improve your posture.
- Lie on the floor on your belly.
- Press your toes to the floor and try to bend your knees.
- Hold your both feet with your hands making a back bend and positioning like a bow.
- Pull your both feet slowly – slowly, as much as you can.
- Look straight ahead with a smile on your face.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds.
- Try this pose 10 – 15 times.
Navasana (Boat Pose)
The boat pose or Navasana is a beautiful and easy yoga pose to strengthen your core muscles. Navasana is the yoga pose where you mimic the shape of the boat. In addition, regular practice can boost your metabolism and promotes weight loss. Therefore, incorporating this yoga pose into your daily routine will make you flexible and fitter.
- Sit straight and extend your legs forward.
- Keep your arms straight with your fingers outstretched towards your toes.
- Bend your knees.
- Try to lift both your feet and your upper body. They should be parallel.
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds
- Relax and get back to the original position.
- Repeat this yoga exercise about 10 -15 times to get great results.
Trikonasana (Utthita Trikonasana)
Trikonasana is one of the best yoga exercises for weight loss. Triangle Pose is a Yoga posture that requires practitioners to keep their eyes open, unlike most other asanas. This particular asana is a great way to stretch several muscles in the body and improves many functions.
- Stand and keep a minimum distance of 3 feet between your legs.
- Stretch down and try to touch your feet with the same hands
- Your other hand should be straight facing the ceiling
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Switch the position with the other hand and repeat the same process.
- Repeat this asana 10 – 15 times.
Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
Chair Pose is a standing yoga posture that tones the entire body, particularly the thighs. It has countless health benefits. To perform this asana properly, you need to squat and keep your body still.
- Stand straight and keep your legs together. Keep your arm straight above your head.
- Bend both your knees as much as you comfortably can.
- Try to hold this posture for 30 seconds
- Relax, and repeat this posture 10 – 15 times. Precautions: It is best to avoid performing this asana if you have a leg injury, back issues, or low blood pressure
Friends, these five yoga poses are extremely effective in weight loss and toning your body. if practiced in your daily routine. These yoga asanas increase metabolism and give a betters shape. The best dietitian in Amritsar, Raghav Thukral, recommends practicing these yoga asanas with a balanced diet to achieve your body’s fitness goal.