What are Neurotransmitters?
Whenever we read about brain chemicals we often heard the word neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are chemicals released by the brain to our body’s nerves. These neurotransmitters directly impact our minds, moods and lives.
Why Brain Release Chemicals?
In our day-to-day lives, many things influence our mood. It could be positive things that happen or a terrible argument with someone. But it does not totally depend on outside events; our inner-brain circumstances matter too.
People communicate with each other by talking or using facial expressions. In the same way, our brains send chemical signals to nerves inside the body to communicate. This method of sending signals to various parts of our bodies directly impacts our behaviour and mood.
The Different Brain Chemicals :
- Dopamine – A chemical is released by a part of the brain called the hypothalamus, and it controls various functions, behaviour, emotions, and cognition. It releases the feeling of pleasure into our bodies.
- Serotonin – The chemical released by our brain that promotes our mood and well-being and also helps stabilise our mood. Sleep also depends on these chemicals.
- Oxytocin – The feeling of love and connection that everybody feels is produced by oxytocin. It is also called the love hormone” because whenever we feel a sense of love and affection, oxytocin is behind it.
- Endorphins – Endorphins help us when we are in pain or under a lot of stress because they reduce stress and act as pain relievers. It also triggers positive feelings in our bodies.
The Ways to Hack Happy Brain Chemicals?
There are different ways for hacking different brain chemicals. By performing these simple remedies we can improve the circulation of happy brain chemicals.
Dopamine (The reward Chemical) – To hack the reward chemical try these steps:-
- Try Something new other than the old habits
- Listen to Music
- Make a small list of tasks and complete them
Oxytocin ( The love Hormone) – To hack the love hormone try these steps:-
- Get or give a massage
- Spend time with friends
- Show affection
- Do something nice for someone
Serotonin (The Mood Stabilizer) -To hack the mood stabilizer try these steps:-
- Get some sunlight
- Take a healthy diet
Endorphins (The Pain Reliever) – To hack the pain reliever try these steps:-
- Regular exercise
- Yoga & Meditation
- Create music or art