Ayurveda has many advantages. When it comes to healthy eating and taking care of your physical and mental health, there is nothing better than following the Ayurvedic method. As the oldest medical system in the world, Ayurveda helps build inner strength and power, increasing the body’s resistance to many diseases and infections. According to Ayurveda, food should be prepared in such a way that it is easily digested for prevention. Cooked food should be light and easy to chew, while lunch should be the main meal of the day, as it is easily digested and provides the body with the necessary nutrients.
The environment around us is changing, and diseases are becoming more common as the climate changes. Different colds and flus, which belong to viral infections, have also become preventable epidemics. When the immune system is strengthened, the virus stops and eventually disappears. But if your immunity is low, you will have breakouts, which can be dangerous in the long run. In Ayurveda, a strengthened immune system helps a person stay healthy by detecting and destroying foreign bodies that attack cells.
Importance of a Strong Immune System
What a difficult time it was as we faced the biggest challenge our immune system has ever faced. If this virus has taught us anything, it’s that we are vulnerable to pathogens we don’t know about. We cannot guarantee protection against the virus due to its mutation, even with a vaccine.
With viruses and other environmental pathogens living inside us, we understand more than ever the importance of having a strong immune system to ward off long-term effects. It’s time to look to the wisdom of traditional practises like Ayurveda and find natural ways to build our resilience and healing abilities.
According to Ayurveda, the immune system must maintain a natural defence against disease and its symptoms to ensure good health. Low immunity and poor health can cause symptoms such as drug addiction, immune deficiency, allergies, fatigue, lack of energy, weakness, breathing problems, stress, depression, digestive problems, and chronic insomnia. Causes of immune deficiency include genetic factors, poor mental health, environmental pollution, a poor diet and lifestyle, and metabolic problems. All these problems can be avoided by following some easy-to-follow tips.
- Drinking Tulsi tea daily also improves immunity, just swallow Tulsi leaves with black pepper, this also strengthens immunity.
- Include pulses, jaggery, pure ghee in the food for immunity. Don’t use refined at all. Make sure to include milk, curd, lassi and ghee in your diet. Keep in mind, you should not consume curd at night.
- Basil, Ginger, Golki (Whole black pepper), drink a decoction of jaggery or drink a decoction of cinnamon, clove, cardamom, ginger, jaggery, take turmeric milk at night, it is very helpful in immunity.
- If you want to increase immunity, then include regular yoga, exercise or any sport in your daily routine. It is very beneficial for your health.
- Consuming Amla is very important for you. You can eat it in any form.
- Eat 5 raw garlic cloves wrapped in jaggery at night. Do not drink water for the next 1 hour. This will give a lot of relief because garlic is anti fungal.
- Include fruits in your diet, especially citrus fruits in which acidic elements are found in abundance, such as oranges, grapefruit, sweet lime, lemon, orange etc. It is considered the best source of Vitamin C.
Other Tips To Increase Immunity
- Eat Healthy
- Take Ayurvedic Supplements
- Detox Regularly
- Keep The Digestive Fire Strong
- Meditate Regularly
- Exercise Regularly
- Limit Alcohol Intake
- Get Good Sleep
Lifestyle and Daily Rituals
Healthy food comes with a healthy lifestyle. Yoga, pranayama, and regular exercise can strengthen the immune system. Adequate exposure to natural vitamin D is essential for a healthy immune system. Daily rituals (Dina Charya) are the basis of health maintenance. It will be a good, healthy winter routine.
- Start your day with warm water and honey to stimulate digestion and move your bowels. Honey is also a very great for eliminating toxins..
- Brushing your teeth and scraping your tongue
- Oil pulling using sesame oil or medicated mouth wash to remove pathogens.
- A daily routine (self-massage) naturally lubricates the body and removes dryness caused by the winter months, strengthens the immune system, calms the mind and helps the body stay fit and healthy.