- Complex carbohydrates: Supports bone and tooth growth.
- It contains a lot of iron: Prevents high blood pressure.
- It is gluten free: Supports digestion
- It provides a variety: Babies like buckwheat and millet are the best choices.
- It is rich in fibre: Suitable for those who are gluten-intolerant.
- It is rich in calcium: it given strength.
Did you know?
- Millet is one of the oldest foods in human history. It is rich in minerals and plant-based nutrients (Biological nutrients).
- Millets are a group of grasses with small grains similar to wheat or corn.
- All millets are better than rice and wheat in terms of protein, minerals, and vitamins.
- The United Nations has named 2023 the International Year of Rice. Indian Millet Man: PV Satheesh
Healthy Benefits of Millets
- It is rich in protein.
- It’s packed with carbohydrates.
- Unusual sugar
- It is rich in fibre.
- It contains prebiotics.
- It is rich in magnesium.
- Contains vitamin B3.
- Pure antioxidants
- Gluten free
- Naturally alkaline
Bajra: Pearl Millet
- It is rich in magnesium.
- It is very rich in protein and energy and six times more nutritious than wheat.
- It helps manage and prevent type 2 diabetes.
How do you serve bajra to kids?
- As a sweet
Ragi: Finger Millet
- It is rich in calcium and iron, making it an ideal food for mothers and babies.
- It is used as malt ragi instead of the commercial breakfast cereal given to babies.
- It is used by babies for its digestive and nutritional benefits.
How do you serve ragi to kids?
Kodo: Ditch Millet
- Low-fat polyphenolic antioxidants are used to treat diabetes. gluten-free cereal.
- It provides a lot of zinc, which helps boost immunity and taste.
How do you serve kodo to kids?
- It is rich in saturated fat, protein, fibre, and minerals such as phosphorus and calcium.
- It helps to manage and increase red blood cells in the human body.
- It also contains antioxidants.
- It helps strengthen bones and strengthen muscles
How do you serve jowar to kids?
- Jowar Poori
Kangini: Foxtail Millet
- Strong bones
- Promotes heart health
- Manages Diabetes
- Strengthens the nervous system
- This millet is best for controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the human body.
How do you serve Kangini to kids?
- Mint Pulao
- Millets like pearl (bajra) and foxtail (kangni) provide heat, which may not be good in the summer.
- Turn the heat down by making delicious dishes like idli and dosa from these millets.
- Another option is to add it to cold foods such as butter, spinach, green vegetables, or boiling water to balance the heat.
How do you cook millet for babies?
Millet may have anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it is best to cook it properly: soak, Roast, Ferment, or Germinate.